Joint Committee 226 is responsible for the employees and their employers in the international trade, transport and logistics sector.
The Employers’ Federation for International Trade, Transport and Logistics:
- was founded in 1937 under the name “Patrons’ Group for Trade and Shipping Offices”
- is the representative employers’ association for Joint Committee 226
- conducts negotiations with the trade unions on pay and labour conditions for the employees in the sector
- is a signatory that participates in the creation of Collective Labour Agreements for the sector
- aims to pursue a policy relating to employment and the application of social legislation.
The Federation is led by a Board of Directors comprising 12 members, elected by the General Meeting following proposals from the representative professional associations.
President: Paul Valkeniers /Secretary-general: Didier Lobelle / Secretary: Machteld Buyens
The Employers’ Federation team is responsible for the day-to-day services provided to the members.